I’ve been on the lookout for roses lately but probably not for the reason you think. Yes, yes, it’s February + Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. But my current rose obsession is directly linked to something other than the Holiday of Love. Instead, it’s all about what happens next month.
People, I’m talking about the movie premiere of the live action Beauty + The Beast. Can you believe it’s been over two years since the movie was first announced? I’ve been anxiously awaiting March 17, 2017, for what seems like forever + it’s also most here! Yay!
I don’t know if it’s possible for me to pick a favorite Disney Princess movie, but I will tell you this. When it came down to buying my daughter her first princess dress, I purchased Belle’s beautiful golden gown.
Naturally, I have every intention of taking my Little Belle + Not-So-Beastly Son to the movie on the day of its release but I want the day to be extra special. Today I’m sharing some simple + easy tips on how to put together an unforgettable Beauty + The Beast Premiere Party, perfect for family time.
Things To Do:
- Decorate simply + let the Littles help. Mine helped decorate by pressing letters into our letterboard.
- Make a french cuisine dish. Mine helped whisk the egg yolks + beat the eggs whites for a cheese souffle.
- Craft a Belle Inspired accessory to wear to the theater. My daughter struggled with stringing beads for the necklaces we were making, so instead, she picked out the patterns (and worked up an appetite for Oreos in the process). We have out-of-town family members scheduled to visit the weekend the movie premieres, so we made extra necklaces for them. If you’re hosting a large crowd, you can offer Belle inspired necklaces to each of the party-goers. =)
- Serve cupcakes, a french pastry, and/or tea. We picked up these scrumptious cupcakes at our local bakery, Lux Sucre.
- Gift your children chocolate roses.
- Catch a double feature. I plan for us to watch the classic film prior to going to the theater to see the new one. In case you’ve been living under a rock, here’s the latest trailer.
Where can you get these goodies?
- Chocolate Roses, Target
- Necklace Beads, Joann’s
- Rose Sphere, Pier One
- Golden Gift Bags, Pier One
- Letterboard, Letterfolk
Have a great time!